fbpx Manassas National Battlefield Park | The Steampunk Explorer

Manassas National Battlefield Park

12521 Lee Highway, Manassas, VA 20109

Manassas National Battlefield Park preserves the site of two major American Civil War battles: the First Battle of Bull Run on July 21, 1861, and the Second Battle of Bull Run fought between August 28 and August 30, 1862. It was there that Confederate General Thomas J. Jackson acquired his nickname "Stonewall." More than 900,000 people visit the battlefield each year. The Henry Hill Visitor Center, on Sudley Road by the south entrance to the park, offers exhibits and interpretation regarding the First Battle of Bull Run, including civil war era uniforms, weapons, field gear and an electronic battle map. The center offers the orientation film "Manassas: End of Innocence," as well as a bookstore.

This description includes material adapted from the Wikipedia article "Manassas National Battlefield Park", which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0. It has been edited for brevity and to conform with the style of this website. The edited description is distributed under the terms of the same Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0 license.