- City Guides
Todmorden Mills Heritage Site
67 Pottery Road, Toronto, ON M4K 2B9
Todmorden Mills was a small settlement located in the Don River valley in Toronto. It started out as a lumber mill in the 1790s. Originally known as "Don Mills," it grew into a small industrial complex and village before becoming part of East York in the 20th century.
Currently the valley site is occupied by the Todmorden Mills Heritage Museum and Arts Centre, which includes the museum, art gallery, a theatre and a forest preserve. The museum maintains four buildings from the original settlement, including two homes, a brewery, and the old paper mill, which dates from 1825.
This description includes material adapted from the Wikipedia article "Todmorden Mills", which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0. It has been edited for brevity and to conform with the style of this website. The edited description is distributed under the terms of the same Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0 license.