- City Guides
1444 Queen Street East, Toronto, ON M4L 1E1
The Ashbridge Estate is a historic estate in eastern Toronto. The property was settled by the Ashbridge family, English Quakers who left Pennsylvania after the American Revolutionary War. The present home was built starting in 1854, with additions in 1900 and 1920. In 1972, the family donated the estate to the Ontario Heritage Trust, although members of the family continued living in the home until 1997.
This description includes material adapted from the Wikipedia article "Ashbridge Estate", which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0. It has been edited for brevity and to conform with the style of this website. The edited description is distributed under the terms of the same Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0 license.