- City Guides
Tuckerton Seaport & Barnegat Baymen's Museum
120 Main Street, Tuckerton, NJ 08087
The Tuckerton Seaport is a working maritime village and museum in Tuckerton, New Jersey. The 40-acre site, which opened in May 2000, features 17 historic and recreated buildings connected by a boardwalk. The centerpiece is Tucker's Island Lighthouse, which was previously located in a resort community destroyed in a storm in the 1920s. Other preserved and recreated buildings include the Skinner/Donnelly & Periwinkle Houseboats; Joe Dayton's Sawmill; Perrine Boatworks; Parson's Clam & Oyster House; Jay C. Parker's Decoy Shop; Crest Fishery; Hotel DeCrab; Hunting Shanty; and Sunny Brae Salt Box. The Sea Captain's House is a historic Victorian house built circa 1835. Also on site is the Andrews-Barlett Homestead, built circa 1699 for one of the original founders of the Tuckerton Community.
This description includes material adapted from the Wikipedia article "Tuckerton Seaport", which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0. It has been edited for brevity and to conform with the style of this website. The edited description is distributed under the terms of the same Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0 license.