- City Guides
Old Barracks Museum
Barrack Street, Trenton, NJ 08608
The Old Barracks Museum is the only remaining colonial barracks in New Jersey. It was the last of five such barracks authorized by the colonial legislature in 1758 to house soldiers in the French and Indian War. It housed about 300 soldiers at a time. During the American Revolution, the Barracks was occupied by the British and later the Americans.
The Barracks became a museum in the early 20th century. Between 1985 and 1998, it was restored to better reflect its likely appearance in 1758.
This description includes material adapted from the Wikipedia article "Old Barracks Museum", which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0. It has been edited for brevity and to conform with the style of this website. The edited description is distributed under the terms of the same Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0 license.