fbpx The Montclair History Center | The Steampunk Explorer

The Montclair History Center

108 Orange Road, Montclair, NJ 07042

The Montclair History Center operates four historic houses in this North Jersey community. The Clark House is a Queen Anne style structure built in 1894. It contains the center's archives and research library. Next door is the Israel Crane House, which was originally built in 1796. That structure later became a YWCA facility and was moved to its current location in 1965. Also at that site is the Nathaniel Crane House, originally built in 1818.

The Charles Shultz House, built in 1896 by a bank president, is at 30 North Mountain Avenue. Also known as Evergreens, it contains many of the Shultz family's original belongings.