- City Guides
Minnehaha Park Hwy 55 & Minnehaha Parkway, Minneapolis, MN 55417
The Minnehaha Depot was a former Milwaukee Road depot at Minnehaha Falls. The station, built in 1875, was nicknamed "The Princess" because of its delicate architecture. The depot is a contributing property to the Minnehaha Historic District. The Minnesota Transportation Museum operates the depot for its owner, the Minnesota Historical Society. In 1967, the depot became the first building to be restored by the museum and it was outfitted with exhibits.
The depot is open Sundays between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
This description includes material adapted from the Wikipedia article "Minnesota Transportation Museum", which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0. It has been edited for brevity and to conform with the style of this website. The edited description is distributed under the terms of the same Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0 license.