- City Guides
1415 Columbus Ave, Sandusky, OH 44870
The Eleutheros Cooke House, also known as the Cooke-Dorn House, is a three-story, limestone Greek Revival style house built in 1844. It was the last home of Eleutheros Cooke, one of the first settlers in Sandusky and its first lawyer. The house is owned by the Ohio Historical Society and is open seasonally as a historic house museum that has been restored to a 1950s appearance. It is managed locally by the Old House Guild of Sandusky.
This description includes material adapted from the Wikipedia article "Eleutheros Cooke House (1415 Columbus Avenue, Sandusky, Ohio)", which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0. It has been edited for brevity and to conform with the style of this website. The edited description is distributed under the terms of the same Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0 license.