fbpx Rombach Place | The Steampunk Explorer

Rombach Place

149 E. Locust Street, Wilmington, OH 45177

The Rombach Place is a historic house in the city of Wilmington, Ohio, United States. Robert Wickersham built the Rombach Place in 1831. It was later home to the family of James W. Denver, a politician who achieved national prominence in the middle of the century. Today, the Rombach Place is the home of the Clinton County Historical Society, which operates it as a museum, genealogy library, and conference center.

The museum includes an exhibit dedicated to Denver. Also on display: Quaker quilts; early medical and dental instruments; Native American relics; works by artist/sculptor Eli Harvey; and photographs of Native Americans taken in the early 1900s by Carl Moon. It's located about 50 miles northeast of Cincinnati.

This description includes material adapted from the Wikipedia article "Rombach Place", which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0. It has been edited for brevity and to conform with the style of this website. The edited description is distributed under the terms of the same Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0 license.