- City Guides
Lincoln Park Conservatory
2391 N Stockton Dr, Chicago, MI 60614
Lincoln Park Conservatory is a Victorian Era glass house, built in Chicago's Lincoln Park in the late 19th century. It consists of a vestibule, four display halls and fifteen propagating and growing houses. The vestibule and Palm House were built and opened to the public in 1892 and contain giant palms and rubber trees, including a 15 m (50 ft) fiddle-leaf rubber tree planted in 1891. A formal garden is situated in front of the Conservatory; one of the oldest public gardens in Chicago, designed and planted in the late 1870s.
This description includes material adapted from the Wikipedia article "Lincoln Park Conservatory", which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0. It has been edited for brevity and to conform with the style of this website. The edited description is distributed under the terms of the same Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0 license.