fbpx Nichols House Museum | The Steampunk Explorer

Nichols House Museum

55 Mt. Vernon St., Boston, MA 02108

The Nichols House Museum is a museum on Beacon Hill in Boston. The house, designed by the architect Charles Bulfinch, was built in 1804 and renovated in 1830. The museum is named for Rose Standish Nichols (1872–1960), the renowned landscape gardener, suffragist, pacifist, and member of the Cornish Art Colony. She lived in the house between 1885 and 1960 and left it to be used as a museum after her death. The museum preserves the lifestyle of the American upper class during Nichols' lifetime, with turn-of-the-century period rooms.

This description includes material adapted from the Wikipedia article "Nichols House Museum", which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0. It has been edited for brevity and to conform with the style of this website. The edited description is distributed under the terms of the same Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0 license.