History Center of Washington County
The History Center of Washington County includes the Old Courthouse Museum (c. 1890) and Sheriff’s Residence and Jail (c. 1886). The Old Courthouse Museum serves as the headquarters of the Washington County Historical Society and includes a research library in addition to local history exhibits. The jailhouse was restored in 2002 and furnished to reflect its interior in the mid-20th century. The society also manages the separate St. Agnes Historic Convent & School site, which is open by appointment only.